Winter Conservation Tips
In preparation for this heating season, there are some important conservation tips you should know to help reduce your energy expenses and usage. We are living in a time where fuel prices are more volatile than ever, and winter temperatures are expected to be colder than historical seasonal averages, which could lead to higher energy bills. Conservation is the best way for you to reduce fuel consumption and your heating bills. Fairclough Propane is your heating and cooling expert for improving energy efficiency.
Several Winter Conservation Tips You Can Use Right Away
- Close off rooms that are not in use – and remember to shut the vents inside.
- Let the sunshine help heat up your home. Open shades and drapes during the daytime and close them when the sun goes down.
- In the winter, reverse the motor on your ceiling fan so it is rotating counter-clockwise. This will produce a gentle updraft to force warm air down.
- Fix leaky faucets, especially hot water faucets. One drop per second can add up to 165 gallons per month – more than the average person uses in two weeks.
- Fix air leaks around windows, doors, and electrical outlets.
- Insulate your pipes to prevent heat loss. This can also help prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Schedule an annual heating system tune-up from Fairclough Propane. Our technicians can evaluate your heating equipment and provide preventative maintenance to ensure your heating system runs at optimal efficiency.
Fairclough Propane is here for your home comfort needs and proudly serves the Northern Jersey area. Become a Fairclough Propane customer today so you can begin reducing your heating costs. If you have any questions about energy conservation or our heating services, please contact us by giving us a call at (973) 383-1768.