Propane Safety is the Name of the Game!
Propane's popularity has risen dramatically over the years. There are many factors that have contributed to this increase in propane usage, but one of the main ones is its outstanding safety record. While propane-related incidents are rare, it is still important to practice proper propane safety at home to help keep you and your family safe! At Fairclough, propane safety is always the name of the game!
Here's a scary thought. You are preparing a delicious meal for friends or family when all of a sudden you feel a chill in the air, and you realize your heat has stopped working. Oh no! Have no fear, because Fairclough Propane will be here! What sets us apart from other companies is that we are truly a 24/7/365 company. You can rest assured knowing that Fairclough Propane will be there for you day or night.
Propane Safety Tips to Practice at Home
- Proper storage: Propane tanks should always be stored outside in a dry place, on an even surface, and should have ample ventilation. They should also remain upright and secure to avoid issue.
- Clean up around your tank: You always want to keep a clear path to your tank. Make sure there aren't any branches or bushes around or in the path to the tank and please remember to shovel a path in the winter so our delivery drivers can safely deliver your propane.
- What to do if you smell propane:
- No flames or sparks
- Leave the area immediately
- Shut off the gas (if it’s safe to do so)
- Report the leak
- Do not return to the building or area
- Have your system checked!
Your safety always comes first at Fairclough Propane. Whether it’s on a Sunday night or before a big family dinner, for an emergency service, call us at 973-383-1768.